Amanda is a Managing Associate (Australian Qualified) in our commercial dispute resolution team.
Amanda has expertise in high value and complex commercial disputes across a wide range of sectors and areas of law including company law and shareholder disputes and insolvency action. Amanda is accustomed to conducting proceedings both before the Courts and before arbitral tribunals.
- Acted for a director and shareholder of an accounting firm in a shareholder oppression action.
- Acted for a shareholder and secured creditor in proceedings to take control of the Company under a loan agreement and take action against the directors for breaches of their fiduciary obligations.
- Acted for a company in proceedings to prevent shareholder access to the Books and Records of the Company.
- Acted for a company in arbitration proceedings seated in Singapore under the UNCITRAL Rules against concerning a contingent tranche payment under an asset sale agreement for a mining tenement.
- Acted for a company in respect of a creditor's petition for winding up, resulting means enquiry and Federal Court subpoenas to trace assets.
- Acted for a company wishing to intervene in proceedings which sought to remove the liquidator and wind-up a subsidiary of the intervener.
- Acted for a group of companies to enforce an oral partnership agreement related to the purchase of a series of investment properties.