Sophie is a Managing Associate in our Financial Regulation Team specialising in Consumer Finance and Payments, for which we are ranked "Band 1" by Chambers and Partners.
She works with banks, lenders, asset finance businesses and retailers to help them comply with regulation whilst delivering sustainable, fair and profitable products. This involves advising on specific pieces of legislation and regulatory rules including the Consumer Credit Act, Consumer Rights Act, Payment Services Regulations, BCOBS, CONC and MCOB.
Sophie has helped clients to:
- launch new products
- establish new operations
- interpret and implement new legislation and regulatory rules
- carry out compliance audits of their existing business
- carry out risk analysis when compliance breaches are identified
- draft plain English customer communications
She also regularly delivers training to clients.
Most recently, Sophie has been working with the legal team and business stakeholders at a major high street bank to support a digital innovation project catering for SME customers.
- Professional Memberships
- Associate member, UK Finance
- Associate member, Finance and Leasing Association