Sophie advises on the law and regulation governing provision of financial services products to consumers and SMEs (for which Addleshaw Goddard is ranked Tier 1 in Chambers and Partners). This includes advising on the Consumer Credit Act (and subordinate legislation), PSD2, the RTS (on strong customer authentication and open access), PAD, WTR, IFR, incident management and reporting, the FCA’s Handbook of rules and guidance (including BCOBS, CONC and SYSC) and distance marketing law. Sophie has regular experience of needing to distil big decisions down to their core.
Between January 2019 and June 2019, Sophie completed a six month secondment to a large bank where she provided advice to business stakeholders on the development and launch of a new mobile banking platform, including advising on the design of web-flows.
She has significant experience drafting customer facing terms and conditions and has frequently worked with the Plain Language Commission to obtain Plain English accreditation on them.
Sophie regularly delivers training to clients (both business stakeholders and in house legal and compliance functions). She is also responsible for the draft and maintenance of the Financial Regulation Team's internal Culture Code.
- Mortgages: Covis-19 payment holidays and repossessions
- Covid-19: Mortgage payment deferral extensions and update on exit strategies
- Are you thinking about operational readiness for a negative bank rate? So are we
- The long awaited judgement in Denizbank is out
- Change to PSRs will allow cashback without purchase
- Professional Memberships
- Associate member, UK Finance
- Associate member, Finance and Leasing Association