Sophie specialises in the law and regulation governing consumer finance, banking and payments products.
She is currently sitting on UK Finance's New Digital Money Steering Group, looking at a potential UK retail central bank digital currency.
Sophie is published by Thomson Reuters' PLC looking at section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.
Sophie regularly advises on the development of digital products and services. Between January 2019 and June 2019, Sophie completed a six month secondment to a large bank where she provided legal advice on the build on a new business banking mobile app.
Sophie regularly delivers training to clients (both business stakeholders and in house legal and compliance functions).
- Mortgages: Covis-19 payment holidays and repossessions
- Covid-19: Mortgage payment deferral extensions and update on exit strategies
- Are you thinking about operational readiness for a negative bank rate? So are we
- The long awaited judgement in Denizbank is out
- Change to PSRs will allow cashback without purchase
- FCA Consumer Duty: Early Considerations for Firms
- UK Finance: What will a retail central bank digital currency mean?
- Buy Now Pay Later - Consultation
- Practice note: creditor liability under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974
- One step closer to regulating crypto: HMT's paper on stablecoins
- Professional Memberships
- Associate member, UK Finance
- Associate member, Finance and Leasing Association