Rachel's practice focuses on the Transport sector and central Government contracting. She has extensive expertise in the rail sector, spanning infrastructure, operations, funding, commercial and regulatory matters. She also advises more generally on complex contracts for the delivery of public services and infrastructure.
Examples of Rachel's experience include:
- Rail infrastructure – advising on the funding and implementation of rail infrastructure projects including on the £148m Gatwick Station Redevelopment; Metrowest Phase 1; East West Rail and various grant funded projects as well as associated O&M, asset protection and interface arrangements
- Network operations and concessions - advising on contracts relating to the operation of the HS1 network, Heathrow Spur and East London Line; various station concession agreements; contracts for rail-specific services such as GSM-R; commercial concessions including a £135m roadside advertising concession (the UK's largest roadside advertising concession); procurement of services and works
- Regulatory – advising on rail regulatory matters including access and connection contracts in relation to Crossrail (Elizabeth Line) and HS2 and on industry-wide access regime changes including the implementation of PR13 and PR18
- Roads – advising on various road and highway related matters including: road user charging; e-Scooter trials; Brexit-related HGV arrangements; implementation of Clean Air Zones
- Government contracts – advising various Government Departments, ALBs and private sector bidders/contractors on major outsourcings, concessions; PPPs and procurements of works and services across various sectors including transport, defence and social infrastructure
- Oxford University – BA (1998)