Gavin is an Associate in the Corporate team based in Glasgow.
He deals with a broad range of corporate matters for clients and has particular experience in advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments (including venture capital funding, angel investment and crowdfunding) and on matters of general corporate governance. He also has previous experience working within the in-house legal department of a large FTSE 100 financial services organisation.
He advises clients from across a number of sectors, with particular experience in the technology, food and drink and retail sectors.
- Advising on the disposal of the pensions business of a large financial services organisation
- Advising a drinks company on a £3.7m round of equity investment to fund the construction of a new whisky distillery and visitor centre
- Advising a financial services company on the acquisition of a large UK-wide provider of flexible office space, to enable them to diversify the financial support they were able to provide to growing businesses to include provision of office space and premises
- Advising the founders of a company developing an app to connect patients to NHS GPs on a seed funding round
- Advising a company developing processes to recover and re-use protein generated as a by-product of the whisky distillery process on a £4m Series A funding round.