Solicitor primarily dealing with restructuring and insolvency matters, with a breadth of experience across transactional, contentious, commercial and property. Act for an array of clients including major clearing banks, retail banks, invoice discounting financiers, insolvency practitioners, private equity funds, suppliers in the food and beverage sector and construction firms.
Regularly advise banks and funders on their existing security and portfolios, covenant breaches, restructuring and advise insolvency practitioners in respect of business, asset and property sales in insolvency scenarios.
- Currently acting for FRP as liquidators in a multi-million-pound fraud case
- Acted for the Administrators of the Fazenda restaurant group on the sale and restructure of the business
- Acted for the Administrators of the Cartwright Group in the sale of the rentals and fleet business to Zenith
- Acted for the Administrators of DW Sports on the sale of the gym and retail business to Sports Direct
- Acted for the Administrators of Xercise4Less on the disposal of their gym business to JD Sports
- Acted for Octopus Energy in its acquisition of Co-Op Energy
- Acted for Wyevale Garden Centres on their disposal of numerous garden centre sites
- Advised Bestway on their purchase of Bargain Booze, Conviviality and Wine Rack from PwC as administrators
- Advised Sahaviriya Steel Industries in respect of the collapse of the Redcar Steel Works. Involved in a number of urgent court applications for validation orders to allow the payment of employees and key suppliers
- Completed secondments within the legal team at Aviva Investors and within the strategic business services team at Clydesdale Bank