Ashlee is a Managing Associate in the Finance Disputes team, acting for clients in the commercial and financial services sectors, in particular, banks, asset based lenders, insolvency practitioners and private equity investors. Ashlee's practice primarily consists of resolving disputes both by alternative dispute resolution (such as mediation) as well as litigation. Ashlee assists clients in many cases to resolve disputes on a pre-action basis avoiding litigation altogether. Ashlee's litigation practice consists of County Court and High Court claims and she has also acted on appeals in both the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. Ashlee's expertise includes acting for both Claimants and Defendants in a range of commercial disputes including:
- Complex recoveries actions arising out of breaches of finance facility agreements, in particular, receivables finance, trade finance and asset finance agreements - in many cases, involving fraud on the part of the customer.
- Actions against personal guarantors and indemnifiers, including bankruptcy proceedings and fraud claims.
- Enforcement of security and recovery of assets, including assets outside of the jurisdiction and including against defendants subject to Proceeds of Crime Act restraint orders.
- Urgent injunctions including for delivery up of goods and to restrain winding up proceedings.
- Defending a wide-range of claims against banks including: alleged breaches of the "Quincecare" duty, unlawful termination of facility agreements, mis-selling of financial products, breaches of data protection obligations, damage to credit-rating.
- Complex and defended insolvency proceedings both personal and corporate.
Ashlee's core clients include Bibby Financial Services, Close Invoice Finance, the NatWest Group and HSBC invoice finance.