Anne is a specialist in construction disputes, with a particular focus on large infrastructure issues. She regularly deals with utilities, energy and property related disputes, including acting for two of the largest water and waste infrastructure companies in the UK. Anne has acted for and against all disciplines within the construction industry including employers, members of the professional team, their insurers, contractors and sub-contractors.
Anne is experienced in all forms of dispute resolution from informal negotiation through to mediation, adjudication, arbitration, expert determination and court.
Anne is dual qualified in Scotland and England and Wales and is a Solicitor Advocate with higher rights of audience in the Court of Session and Supreme Court. She is also accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in construction law.
- Advising EPC contractor in 3 separate adjudications and associated mediation arising out of PFI contracts for waste to energy projects
- Advising SPVs in connection with defects in a number of PFI/NPD funded schools and hospitals
- Acting for number of FM contractors throughout the UK in PFI and framework disputes, including procurement issues.
- Advising Engie Regeneration in connection with housing development issues both in the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts of Scotland.
- Advising main contractor in relation to a variety of infrastructure disputes including acoustics, glazing units, roofing defects, defective foundations and project overruns.
- Acting in numerous adjudications covering every conceivable issue, including all manner of jurisdictional challenges, pay less notice disputes (smash & grabs), interim payment certificates and final account disputes.
Legal 500 (2016)
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Society of Construction Law