Anne is a specialist in construction disputes, with a particular focus on large infrastructure issues. She regularly deals with utilities, energy and property related disputes, including acting for two of the largest water and waste infrastructure companies in the UK. Anne has acted for and against all disciplines within the construction industry including employers, members of the professional team, their insurers, contractors and sub-contractors.
Anne is experienced in all forms of dispute resolution from informal negotiation through to mediation, adjudication, arbitration, expert determination and court.
Anne is dual qualified in Scotland and England and Wales and is a Solicitor Advocate with higher rights of audience in the Court of Session and Supreme Court. She is also accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in construction law.
- Advising specialist contractor in 3 separate adjudications and associated mediation arising out of PFI contracts for waste to energy projects.
- Advising consultant in connection with defects in a number of PFI funded schools
- Advising main contractor in relation to acoustic design issues in leisure complex
- Advising large institutional investor with regards to construction defects in last remaining fund asset whilst sale on-going.
- Advising purchaser in connection with roof defects in prestigious mixed development building in centre of Edinburgh.
Legal 500 (2016)
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- University of Edinburgh, LLB Hons - 1993
- University of Edinburgh, Diploma in Legal Practice - 1994
- Year qualified - 1996
- Year qualified in England & Wales - 2007