Andrew is the Head of our Retail & Consumer Sector Group and an M&A partner.
He has been named in the Lawyer's prestigious 'Hot 100' list for his work in advising retail and consumer clients on their strategic objectives in Europe and is also identified as a star in Acritas Stars.
His clients include Bestway, Britvic, Diageo, HarperCollins, IAG/British Airways, McDonald's, Royal Mail Group, Sainsbury's Supermarkets, Samworth Brothers, Schwan Food Company, Sirius Minerals, Tate & Lyle, Ted Baker, William Hill and Wyevale Garden Centres/Terra Firma.
Andrew has run training programmes for in-house lawyers and built M&A operating platforms for clients which have respectively won The Lawyer's 'Best Service Quality Innovation' award 2016 and been highly commended by the FT Innovation Awards.
Recent transactions include advising:
- BA on various matters including its disposal of the BA Connect business to Flybe and the restructuring of the NATS shareholding arrangements
- Bestway on the acquisition of various wholesale businesses from A&F Blakemore & Son
- Britvic on its acquisition of the Ebba and Bela Ischia businesses in Brazil
- Diageo on transactions in various jurisdictions including the sale of Gleneagles, the formation and break up of various interlinked joint ventures with Heineken and Namibia Breweries in Southern Africa, the acquisition of Serengeti Breweries in Tanzania and the acquisition of Meta Abo Brewery in Ethiopia
- Royal Mail Group on its online store launch on Alibaba's emarketplace and acquisition of its e-courier business
- Sainsbury's Supermarkets on its acquisition of the Nectar business from Aimia and the set up and break up of the Netto JV with Dansk Supermarket and the Mobile by Sainsbury's JV with Vodafone (and various other matters)
- Samworth Brothers on its conditional acquisition of 2 Sisters' sandwich business
- Schwan's Group on the divestment of its European business (including the Chicago Town pizza brand) to Dr. Oetker
- Tate & Lyle on the break up of its pan-European bulk ingredients joint venture with ADM
- Ted Baker on the acquisition of its branded footwear business from Pentland Brands
- William Hill on the disposal of its greyhound racing business to ARC
- Wyevale Garden Centres (and owner Terra Firma) on the group break up strategy
"Incredibly commercial, very smart. Thinks about the real impact to the business of what he's saying. He takes the time to really understand the business, the business model, the sector, so you feel as though he gets the bigger commercial picture in terms of what you're trying to achieve and the pressures that you are under." Acritas Stars
"Andrew's advice in my view is unique in that it is genuinely commercial and pragmatic, it is in context for the organisation and it balances technical strength, appropriate risk appraisal and leadership to drive a transaction forward." GC, FTSE 250 company
"Andrew has a very deep understanding both of the company and of the sector so it is easy to have sector - focused conversations with him" General Counsel and Company Secretary, FMCG FTSE250 company
"Andrew Rosling is an absolutely excellent practitioner who is particularly good at emerging markets." Chambers UK
"Andrew was singled out in the Best Client Partner 2014 category in Legal Week's 2014 survey of FTSE 100 General Counsel for client service and satisfaction." Legal Week
"Andrew's knowledge of the complex political, geographical and social challenges businesses face in Africa is beyond that of any other law firm I have worked with. I particularly value the way in which complex issues are simplified and he will set out the pros and cons of possible routes and recommend a specific line of action – this approach helps inform the eventual decision." M&A counsel, FTSE 100 FMCG company
- Download our PDF guides for expertise in the GCC