Jake is an associate within the Litigation Department. Jake has experience acting for clients in a wide range of contractual, property and commercial utility disputes. Jake is experienced in the social rented sector and regularly advises registered social landlords in relation to debt recovery and repossession actions.
Jake regularly appears in Sheriff Courts across Scotland and has experience in instructing Counsel in the Court of Session.
- Acting for registered social landlords and appearing in Sheriff Court in repossession and antisocial behaviour actions.
- Advising on complex deeds of conditions for property factors as part of debt recovery and disputes relating to access, maintenance responsibilities and boundaries.
- Acting for a commercial utility provider in respect of debt recovery and regularly appearing on their behalf in the Sheriff Court.
- Advising a client in respect of a ca. £100m loss of profits Court of Session action.
- Experience of instructing expert witnesses, including accountants, scientific experts and surveyors.