Eleanor is an Associate in our contentious construction and engineering team in our Manchester office.
Within her work Eleanor acts for a range of national and international clients, advising on arbitration, adjudication and litigation proceedings. Eleanor also provides operational support and dispute avoidance/resolution advice to clients on distressed construction, engineering and infrastructure projects, working to achieve practical and commercially acceptable solutions to both potential and actual problems relating to issues such as delay and/or disruption to progress, interim payment procedure and final account valuation.
Eleanor's experience includes:
- Acting for a multi-national engineering specialist in a live contract dispute against the employer, relating to performance testing requirements and access to site under an EPC contract. This matter was referred to adjudication, however settlement was reached between the parties prior to a decision being provided.
- Acting for a global insurer, on a subrogated claim against a national contractor and architect in relation to the recovery of remedial costs of £1.5m on a firestopping claim issued in the TCC. This matter resulted in a settlement being agreed between the parties.
- Acting for a national architect in a multi-million, multi-party litigated dispute in the TCC regarding defective cladding and firestopping.
- Advising a large contractor in a series of adjudications and negotiations arising out of a live, NEC construction project. Disputes related to issues of contractual interpretation, delay and disruption to progress.
- Acting for a regional contractor in an adjudication relating to extra over costs and delay. This matter was referred to adjudication, however settlement was reached between the parties prior to a decision being provided.
- BPP University- Legal Practice Course- 2018
- University of Liverpool- Law with Business Studies (LLB)- 2017