Laura joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2009 and is a member of our Insolvency Disputes Resolution team, advising on contentious aspects of insolvency and restructuring.
Laura regularly acts for banks, administrators, liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy in bringing claims in relation to insolvent companies. She also has experience defending transaction at an undervalue and preference claims as well as assisting the officeholders of insolvent companies that are caught up in general commercial litigation. Laura also advises directors of distressed companies on their duties.
Laura completed a secondment at The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc from 2014 – 2015, working in the Recoveries and Special Situations teams of RBS' Restructuring group.
Notable recent experience includes:
- Advising the administrators and liquidators of a large group of investment vehicles on various contentious and non-contentious issues
- Acting for the Viscount of the Royal Court of Jersey in relation to matters of English law and litigation in complex and high value multi-party and multi-jurisdictional fraud proceedings
- Working as part of a large cross-Group team defending a high value transaction at an undervalue and preference claim
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy in applications under the Insolvency Act in relation to the transfer of a property portfolio by the bankrupt
- Advising the liquidators of a large national professional practices firm
- The Law Society