Ten year qualified solicitor with experience advising across a breadth of legal areas, from both a private practice and an in-house standpoint.
Engagements undertaken cover a number of sectors, including: Construction & Engineering, Education, Financial Services, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Raw Materials, Real Estate, Retail & Leisure and Transportation.
Practice to-date has been focused on, but not exclusively within, the restructuring and insolvency sphere.
- Acting for the senior lender and KPMG LLP as subsequently appointed receivers regarding the enforcement over and sale of Legal & General House, Kingswood held in a Jersey Property Unit Trust structure.
- Leading for a lender in the restructuring of debt and taking of further security in respect of a four-site hotel business.
- Acting for an invoice financer as to their position and a subsequent release and repurchase of invoices into a management buy-out vehicle of a hotel facilities management company in administration.
- Advising directors of a distressed business in the automotive / technology sector regarding negotiations with their lender, obtaining further funding (to launch a new product) and dealings with potential purchasers of the business.
- Acting for administrators in defending a claim of unfair and improper conduct in respect of dealings in third party assets.