Richard is Addleshaw Goddard’s Luxembourg office managing partner. He currently heads the corporate, banking and finance practices.
Richard specialises in corporate and financial law, advising a broad range of asset managers across a variety of strategies and sectors (including private equity, debt, infrastructure and real estate), as well as banking institutions, insurance/reinsurance companies, multinational corporates and private wealth clients, in connection with mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, structuring of international transactions, reorganisations, refinancings, capital market matters and general corporate finance (including the implementation and negotiation of security packages).
He also has significant expertise in advising clients on aircraft-related and real estate matters. Richard has clients across Europe, the US and Canada and, as a native Spanish speaker, also in the LatAm region.
Richard has over 15 years of experience in these areas working for international law firms in Paris and Luxembourg. He holds a Ph.D. in private law, a master degree in finance and accounting and is a tri-registered solicitor (England & Wales, Luxembourg and Paris).
Richard is a visiting lecturer at the Universities of Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne and Aix-Marseille, where he regularly delivers lectures on air law and aircraft finance. He has also been a lecturer in corporate, warranties and bankruptcy law at the University of Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne and Evry Val-d’Essonne from 2004 to 2008 and regularly publishes articles in these areas.
- La cause du contrat de gage (Le gage de la loi du 5 août 2005 sur les contrats de garantie financière, Anthemis, 2021)
- Covid-19 related measures for corporates in Luxembourg (Newsletter, May 2020)
- Contractual subordination in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, May 2019)
- The Luxembourg new ultimate beneficial owner register (Newsletter, February 2019)
- Le gage sur actions, 2nd edition (Promoculture-Larcier, November 2017)
- Distributions in public and private limited liability companies (ACE Magazine, June 2016, pp. 3-32)
- Le gage sur actions au Grand-Duché de Luxembourg (Le magazine du trésorier, n° 89, Apr. – Jun. 2015, pp. 66-67)
- Le gage sur actions (Promoculture-Larcier, February 2015)
- New regime of Luxembourg limited partnerships (Paperjam 2, Sept.- Oct. 2014, p. 26)
- Due diligence on Luxembourg target companies (LPEA, June 2014 – ACE, September 2014, n° 7, pp. 2-6)
- La circulation du cautionnement (Promoculture-Larcier, January 2014)
- Le statut du dirigeant social – salarié ou indépendant ? (ACE Magazine, April 2013, n° 4, pp. 9-17)
- A new regulation for takeovers on European public companies: Brief comments on the 2004/25/CE directive (Article, Agorabiz, October 2005)
- English – native
- Spanish – native
- French - native
- 2011 - The College of Law and BPP (London) - Qualified Lawyer Transfer Test (QLTT)
- 2011 - University of Evry Val d’Essonne: School of Law (France) – Ph.D. in law
- 2009 - The University of Queensland (Australia) – Master of Commerce (Finance and accounting)
- 2005 - EFB Paris (France) - CAPA
- 2004 - University of Evry Val d’Essonne: School of Law (France) – Master in Business Law
- Professional Memberships
- Luxembourg Private Equity Association (LPEA)
- Luxembourg Bank’s Counsel Association (ALJB)