Hugh is a corporate Partner with extensive experience in advising on private acquisitions and disposals for both public and private companies, joint ventures and group reorganisations. Hugh has a particular focus on the financial services sector.
Highlights of Hugh's recent work includes acting for:
- A major retail bank in connection with the mandatory ring fencing of its retail business
- Arcapita on the sale of the Freightliner Group to Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
- Barclays on its acquisition of the payments services gateway provider, The Logic Group
- OneSavings Bank on the acquisition of a second charge residential mortgage portfolio from GE Capital
- Arbuthnot Banking Group on the acquisition of the Dunfermline Building Society (in building society special administration) residential mortgage portfolio
- ABP and DP World on the sale of their joint venture interest in the Port of Tilbury
- OneSavings Bank and Marlin Financial Group on their acquisition of a portfolio of personal, unsecured loans from Northern Rock (Asset Management) Plc