Adam is an experienced pensions practitioner with over fifteen years' experience in the sector. Adam advises trustees and employers on the structure and drafting of all forms of occupational pension schemes, projects to update and consolidate scheme rules, the cessation of future accrual and member communications. He also advises on all employer/trustee relationship issues, including the legal aspects of implementing investment strategies and decisions, scheme funding/valuations, regulatory compliance and scheme change. Adam has particular experience advising in relation to scheme mergers. Adam also assists on all aspects of corporate M&A work and has advised in relation to over 200 deals in the past three years.
Adam's recent experience includes:
- advising on the pensions aspects of employer restructurings including management of employer debts in relation to defined benefit pension schemes;
- advising on all M&A related matters including vendor and buyer due diligence and auto-enrolment compliance assessments;
- advising the trustees of a £1bn scheme subject to one-to-one supervision by the Pensions Regulator, focusing on valuation and covenant, but also including a potential financial support direction in relation the sponsor's overseas parent in respect of a proposed sale of the sponsor;
- advising a number of employers and trustees on bulk transfers to authorised master trusts. In total, this includes over ten thousand members and over £200m of assets.
- Professional Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers