Adam is an experienced pensions practitioner with over ten years' experience in the sector. Adam advises trustees and employers on the structure and drafting of all forms of occupational pension schemes, projects to update and consolidate scheme rules, the cessation of future accrual and member communications. He also advises on all employer/trustee relationship issues, including the legal aspects of implementing investment strategies and decisions, scheme funding/valuations, regulatory compliance and scheme change. Adam has particular experience advising in relation to scheme mergers. Adam also assists on all aspects of corporate M&A work.
Adam's recent experience includes:
- Advising the trustees of a £1bn scheme subject to one-to-one supervision by the Pensions Regulator, focusing on valuation and covenant, but also including a potential financial support direction in relation the sponsor's overseas parent in respect of a proposed sale of the sponsor.
- Advising a leading manufacturer on the restructuring of its two defined benefit schemes, including a merger ultimately designed to share surplus across the two schemes and facilitate both schemes moving to buy-out.
- Advising a water utility provider on the implementation of its paymaster (also known as back-to-back) arrangement with the trustee of its £1bn scheme in order to maximise the sponsor's potential VAT recovery.
- Advising a number of employers and trustees on bulk transfers to authorised master trusts. In total, this includes over ten thousand members and over £200m of assets.
- Professional Memberships
- Association of Pension Lawyers