Malek is an Associate in the Commercial Disputes team in the Dubai office.
Malek has been involved in complex, high value disputes for major international banks and worked on multi-jurisdictional investigations.
- Assisting with ICC, LCIA, DIAC and SIAC arbitrations
- Emirates NBD Bank PJSC, HSBC Bank Middle East Limited, ICICI Bank UK Plc and others v KBBO CPG Investment LLC, Mr Khaleefa Butti Bin Omair Yousif Almuhari and His Excellency Saeed Mohamed Butti Mohamed Alqebaisi and others  CFI 045. Acting for a syndicate of banks in a DIFC Court action to recover $300m loaned under a syndicated loan facility. Obtained an interim global freezing order, proprietary injunction and disclosure orders from the DIFC Courts against 19 Respondents. Later obtained an order to lift the stay imposed as a consequence of proceedings before the Joint Judicial Committee and obtained an anti-suit injunction in respect of proceedings in the Dubai Courts.
- Acted for a global bank in defending a claim brought by two guarantors in the DIFC Courts. Case centred around validity of facility documents following claims that the guarantors' signatures had been forged.
- Mr Ebrahim Al-Jassim v Socii Synergy Investment LLC and others  DIFC CFI 031. Acted for the Claimant in a DIFC Court action seeking declarations that a Shareholder Resolution was invalid.
- Acted for a minority shareholder in their dispute with the majority shareholder of a KSA food delivery app in a DIFC-LCIA, Dubai seated arbitration.
- Oxford Brookes University (LLB)
- BPP University (LPC)