Paul Jones is a partner in the energy transactions practice in the London office of Addleshaw Goddard LLP.
Paul has over 15-years' experience across the full energy-value chain, with a particular emphasis on advising clients on upstream oil and gas, LNG, and energy transition projects to low carbon, and transactions across Africa and the Middle East.
Prior to moving to the Middle East in 2016, where he worked as General Counsel for a Dubai government-owned international oil company, Paul worked extensively across African markets in law firms in both Ghana and Tanzania, advising clients on transactions in over twenty countries across the continent.
Oil and Gas – Upstream
- Dragon Oil - US$ 600 million acquisition of BP’s Gulf of Suez assets; concession negotiations and country-exits; offtake agreements; upstream service agreements and disputes. Advising on transactions and operational issues in Turkmenistan, Egypt, Iraq, Algeria, Tunisia and Afghanistan
- Petrobras - US $1.636 billion auction sale of producing Brazilian assets and a number of other matters including reviewing joint operating agreements, commercial agreements and drafting documents related to an auction sale of additional assets
Oil & Gas - Midstream/Downstream
- Ophir Energy - US$ 2 billion floating LNG project offshore Equatorial Guinea, including host government arrangements, LNG sales agreements, chartering agreements, joint venture arrangements, project financing and construction
- ConocoPhillips - US$ 75 million sale of oil pipeline assets
- Berkeley Energy - Investments into the Corbetti Geothermal Project in Ethiopia, a biomass project in Ghana, a hydropwer project in Uganda and a solar PV Company active in Kenya and Ghana
- Professional Memberships
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators