Sarah is a Managing Associate in our London Real Estate team. Sarah specialises in Planning and Infrastructure Consenting. She advises clients in the transport, energy, housing and urban regeneration sectors, helping them to achieve consents for new schemes and optimising existing ones.
Sarah deals with issues such as application reviews, planning appeals, negotiating and varying highways and s.106 agreements, permitted development rights, promoting compulsory purchase orders to facilitate regeneration and protecting assets impacted by development consent orders.
Examples of specific work include:
- negotiating complex s.106 agreements for national house builders;
- representing national infrastructure providers in objecting to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in order to protect their assets and their ability to carry out their statutory obligations;
- advising Muse Developments and Canal River Trust, on its scheme to redevelop Hale Wharf in Tottenham and construct up to 505 residential units, commercial space and public realm improvements including a new footbridge. Her work included reviewing the planning application including a detailed review of the environmental statement. Sarah also completed the complex section 106 agreement for the site which includes a mechanism for an affordable housing review, PRS restrictions, multiple contributions, a mechanism for a change of use from office to residential if the market dictates, and alternative options for connection to essential energy services. Following completion of the s.106 agreement, Sarah advised the client on successfully defending a judicial review challenge, in which the Claimant was not given permission to proceed
- advising Tellon Capital in securing planning permission and variations of the same, and a compulsory purchase order to facilitate the demolition of an existing derelict shopping centre and redevelopment of Southampton City Centre to provide 287 apartments, a hotel, retail, office, food and drink uses, landscaping and public realm works, all whilst preserving and enhancing the historic Town Wall (a Scheduled Ancient Monument)
- Professional Memberships
- BPF Futures and Women in Property