Sam acts on a wide range of commercial disputes for clients across numerous sectors including retail, transport and energy. She has extensive experience of running large-scale, high value and complex disputes. Alongside her commercial litigation practice, Sam specialises in competition / antitrust disputes.
Sam is recommended in Legal 500 for commercial disputes.
Notable instructions include:
- Acting as co-counsel for the Road Haulage Association in its proposed collective action following the Trucks cartel.
- Defending 'follow on' damages claims brought against the NKT group of companies in both the High Court and the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Advising Co-operative Group Limited in connection with its 2018 regulatory investigation.
- Advising a national retailer on an £80m contractual dispute, successfully resolved at the pre-action stage.
- Advising a food manufacturer on related contractual disputes, including defending an injunction application.
- Advising an airline group on multiple claims both for abuse of a dominant position and follow on damages, including defending an application for urgent injunctive relief and attempted judicial review proceedings.
- French - Conversational