Sam acts on a wide range of commercial disputes, including breach of contract claims, contract termination, business protection litigation, applications for urgent injunctive relief (as applicant and respondent) and shareholder disputes. She has extensive experience of running large-scale, high value and complex disputes.
Sam has particular expertise in competition litigation where she acts variously for claimants and defendants in follow-on and stand-alone claims as well as advising pre-action. Sam also advises on GSCOP.
- Acting for the Road Haulage Association (alongside Backhouse Jones) in proposed collective proceedings following the Trucks cartel.
- Advising Co-operative Group Limited in connection with the investigation carried out by the Groceries Code Adjudicator.
- Acting for claimants in connection with the Foam cartel.
- Acting for defendants in connection with the Copper Fittings and Power Cables cartels.
- Defending a series of alleged abuse of dominance cases for Stansted and East Midlands Airports regarding access to airport infrastructure.
- Advising a national retailer on an £80m contractual dispute, resolved at the pre-action stage.
- Advising a food manufacturer in relation to two related contractual disputes, including defending an injunction application.
- Advising an airline group on an application for urgent injunctive relief, and its defence of a damages claim for breach of contract.
- Advising an international engineering firm on a business protection matter to successful resolution at the pre-action stage.
- Advising an international catering and hospitality services provider on two separate damages claims arising from the termination of contracts, including an application for urgent injunctive relief.