Sajida advises a variety of private and public sector clients in relation to both contentious and non-contentious areas of employment law; and is particularly recognised for her commercial and pragmatic approach.
Sajida defends (including undertaking own advocacy) and advises on all aspects of Employment litigation. This includes discrimination, constructive/unfair dismissal claims, equal pay, whistle-blowing, and worker status cases. Sajida has particular expertise in dealing with complicated high value claims with significant reputational risk.
In addition to handling Tribunal claims, Sajida regularly provides strategic advice on disciplinary issues, grievances, performance and attendance management, termination of employment, changing terms and conditions, TUPE, redundancy, and sickness absences. She further has experience of drafting handbooks and policies, reviewing contracts, settlement negotiations and providing corporate support. Sajida also delivers seminars and training, represents clients at mediations, as well as drafting alerters for various publications.
Sajida has extensive experience in advising organisations on licence applications, sponsorship under the Points Based System, EU Settlement Scheme and Brexit implications on workforce, and generally on eligibility to work requirements. Sajida was noted as a key immigration lawyer in Legal 500 (2019).
Notable experiences include:
- defending a worker status case which led to one of the last references to the CJEU from the Employment Tribunal prior to the EU withdrawal
- defending equal pay claims lodged against NHS Trusts in connection with the banding of roles under Agenda for Change
- advising a PLC on the implementation of a change to terms and conditions across various locations
- advising a range of clients in various sectors on immigration matters; including Tier 2 sponsorship licence applications, Tier 2 (General) and Tier 2 (ICT) visas, and right to work issues
- advising clients making applications under the Tier 1 (Investor) visa category
- advising a large independent health care provider on the sponsorship of overseas nurses and the OSCE scheme.
- Punjabi – fluent
- Urdu - conversational
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Immigration Law Practitioners' Association