Kate provides commercial and straightforward advice at each stage of the employment lifecycle. Kate has experience of advising and supporting clients in relation to a broad range of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues, including disciplinary and grievance procedures, whistleblowing, restructuring and redundancy, post-termination restrictive covenants, TUPE and employment status.
Kate's contentious experience includes representing and supporting employer clients in defending Employment Tribunal claims, often involving complex whistleblowing and discrimination issues, as well as the drafting and negotiation of settlement agreements.
Kate also provides employment support on corporate transactions and advises on day-to-day HR matters.
- Advised a global bank in defending an Employment Tribunal claim brought by a member of certified staff following a disciplinary investigation into serious allegations of misconduct involving numerous regulatory issues;
- Advised a multinational investment bank in defending claims for unfair dismissal and whistleblowing in the Employment Tribunal brought by a former trader in the context of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime;
- Advised a US law firm on the legal and practical risks associated with UK-based employees working remotely across 9 jurisdictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic and project-managed the obtaining of advice from foreign counsel 'best friend' firms in those jurisdictions;
- Advised a premium whisky brand on strategy and procedure following receipt of a statutory recognition request from a trade union under the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992; and
- Advised the Leadership Team of a publicly-listed pharmaceutical and medical devices company in relation to a multi-billion-pound public takeover effected by way of scheme of arrangement.
- University of Nottingham – Law (LLB) – 2010-2013
- UCL – Master of Laws (LLM) – 2013-2014
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association