Chris is a commercial projects lawyer who acts on all aspects of infrastructure transactions.
Chris primarily acts for public sector bodies, however also advises the private and third sectors, giving him an understanding of each side of the negotiating table.
Chris's relevant recent experience includes:
- an NHS Foundation Trust on the spin out into a wholly-owned subsidiary and subsequent sale by competitive auction of its generic pharmaceuticals manufacturing business
- a Combined Authority supporting the delivery of a number of new and refurbished train stations across aspects including complex rail regulatory issues; commercial and works elements of the project. This involved producing interface arrangements, as well as funding agreements together with a suite of other documentation across a multitude of key stakeholders
- a Local Authority on the separation of its shared outsourced IT services and the re-procurement of IT services as a second generation outsourcing, including the development of all service specifications and the procurement documents
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts in relation to their operational PFI contracts, including the settlement of historical defects and service failures, market testing of services, the re-procurement of subcontractors, as well as more routine variations
- a Combined Authority on the grant funding of a number of brownfield residential developments (with monies allocated under the Brownfield Fund), being responsible for the rollout of funding documents across the portfolio of projects
- German – conversational
- French – basic