Michelle is a Corporate associate based in the Dubai office, having recently moved across from the corporate team in Manchester. Michelle trained and qualified at Addleshaw Goddard (in the UK) having undertaken seats in corporate, commercial, restructuring, infrastructure, projects & energy. She acts on a range of transactions including mergers & acquisitions (including cross border matters), disposals, management buy-outs, secondary buy-outs, corporate re-organisations and acting for private equity houses on their investments and exits. She also has previous in-house commercial experience as a legal & business affairs professional in the media and communications sector. In addition, Michelle is a Trainee Inclusion Champion (a role she founded which has led to new initiatives aimed at creating a more inclusive working environment).
Here is a representative selection of matters in which Michelle has recently been involved:
- Acting for the founders of and investors in ServiceMarket (a leading online platform for household services in the UAE) on their sale to e&.
- Acting for JD Sports plc on the sale of Footasylum to the German asset management firm, Aurelius Group.
- Advising a global FTSE 100 listed company in both (i) its potential investment into an international retail company and (ii) its divestment of a different multi-million pound retail company.
- Acting for Freedom Fibre on a scale investment into the company by Equitix for an £84 million investment by way of equity and loan notes.
- Advising on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Loxworth Investments Limited and its subsidiaries (Teledata UK Limited and Teledata Limited) to Datum Datacentres / UBS Asset Management.
- Acting for Prime Global in its acquisition of HCD Economics Ltd.
- Acting for a nationwide golf retail company on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a golf business for over £3.5 million.
- Advising Elysian Capital on a majority investment into Mergon Group, a provider of plastics moulding solutions.
- Advising PZ Cussons Plc on its sale of Nigerian dairy business Nutricima.
- Advising Phoenix Equity Partners Limited on its acquisition of Mobius Life Group Limited, a leading independent provider of investment administration services to UK pension schemes.
- Acting for City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council in the on-going Bradford Odeon redevelopment project.
- Acting for an NHS Trust on their proposed sale of or investment into their pharmaceutical manufacturing unit.
- University of Law, Distinction in LPC with MSc in Law, Business and Management (2017)
- University of Leicester, 2:1 in Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (2015)