John qualified in 1998 and has over twenty years' experience in advising banks, financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, stakeholders and companies in relation to all aspects of corporate recovery. John has particular expertise and emphasis on property aspects of transactions and leads a team advising on distressed properties for banks, building societies and companies. John has passed the JIEB Insolvency Practitioner exams.
- long term management and disposal of portfolio of shopping centres for Receivers including construction and letting of a new supermarket unit
- advising senior and mezzanine lenders on potential enforcement over shopping centre asset and subsequent debt sale
- sale of shopping centre with ancillary office and residential accommodation for Receivers in “regional hub” town in South East England
- sale of portfolio of retail warehouses for fixed charge receivers for over £50 million
- advising administrators on the disposal of the highest value development site in the City of London since 2007
- acting for receivers on the sale of the reversion of the HQ building and distribution centre of a major UK multiple retailer
- sale of large mixed use investment in Birmingham city centre for receivers for over £87 million.