Tom is a Managing Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Corporate Division in London. For almost ten years he has advised corporates, private equity and other funds, management teams and individuals on many types of transactions, including equity and debt investments, acquisitions, mergers, disposals, joint ventures, restructurings, reorganisations and general corporate matters. Tom's experience covers both private equity and publicly listed markets, and includes sectors such as financial services, retail & consumer, manufacturing, energy, hospitality and real estate.
Before joining Addleshaw Goddard in 2020, Tom worked for nearly ten years at a leading law firm in London, where he trained.
Tom has also gained further experience from secondments at private equity firm Patron Capital and asset manager Legal & General.
Tom's recent experience includes advising on the following transactions:
- Manchester Building Society on its merger with Newcastle Building Society
- Associated British Ports on its acquisition of Solent Gateway Ltd, the operator of Marchwood Port on Southampton Water
- DP World on the establishment of a US$1.7 billion joint investment platform with British International Investment in relation to investments in ports and logistics assets in Africa, including the sale of seed assets in Senegal, Egypt and Somaliland to the platform
- The founding banks on the establishment of the Business Banking Resolution Service, a ground-breaking new independent dispute resolution service for small and medium-sized business in the UK
- Associated British Foods plc on several transactions including its investment in COOK and its acquisition of Kite Consulting
- Allied Irish Bank on the sale of its £600m SME banking business to Allica Bank
- Bally's Corporation on its acquisition of mobile app and software developer Degree 53
- The founders of Global Prime Partners on the sale to Ares and Maven-backed Titan Wealth Holdings
- Arbuthnot Latham Bank on its acquisition of a truck leasing business (Asset Alliance Group)
Tom leads the firm's annual Up To Speed M&A client training series in London.