Tom is a Managing Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Corporate Division in London. For almost ten years he has advised corporates, private equity and other funds, management teams and individuals on many types of transactions, including equity and debt investments, acquisitions, mergers, disposals, joint ventures, restructurings, reorganisations and general corporate matters. Tom's experience covers both private equity and publicly listed markets, and includes sectors such as financial services, retail & consumer, manufacturing, energy, hospitality and real estate.
Before joining Addleshaw Goddard in 2020, Tom worked for nearly ten years at a leading law firm in London, where he trained.
Tom has also gained further experience from secondments at private equity firm Patron Capital and asset manager Legal & General.
Tom's recent experience includes advising on the following transactions:
- the management team of North Sea Midstream Partners (oil & gas) on its acquisition by the Kuwait Investment Authority from private equity house ArcLight
- German manufacturing group WEPA on its acquisition of the 50% joint venture stake in UK paper supplier Northwood & WEPA
- BNY Mellon on its acquisition of the Trading Apps financial services software business
- Hovis on the sale of its Fleming Howden and Holgran businesses to Associated British Foods plc
- the management team of TechInsights (intellectual property and technology services) on its sale by private equity house Epiris to Oakley Capital.