Holy grail or poisoned chalice? Perfect terms or can of worms? Green light or sleepless night?
When the clock is ticking and it is hard to see the wood from the trees our experienced team and innovative tools can help you ensure that what you see is what you get.
AG offers legal advice which is more than skin deep. Our distressed M&A team are experts in insolvency-led sales processes and accelerated M&A transactions regularly acting for sellers, creditors, administrators and buyers including turnaround and PE investors, their portfolio companies and corporates across the entire range of transactions – working quickly and efficiently to preserve value and help manage risk. All designed to help you close the deal, not the door.
To access your free Distressed M&A Toolkit package, register your details below >
Register for our free toolkitClick here
- Experience Buy side
- JD Sports – JD Sports on its acquisition of Go Outdoors out of administration
- American Golf Discount Centre Limite – Endless LLP on its purchase of the business and assets of American Golf Discount Centre Limited
- Boohoo Group – Boohoo Group PLC on its pre-pack acquisition of the online business of Karen Millen and Coast
- Bestway – Bestway on the acquisition of Bargain Booze and Wine Rack from the administrators of Conviviality
- Charpentes Francaises – Endless on the acquisition of Charpentes Francaises, a French market leader in producing timber roof trusses, timber frames and other timber-related products for commercial and residential properties
- Puma Hotels Group – A large US investor in relation to the acquisition, restructuring and sale of the Puma Hotels Group
- Antler (Holdings) Limited – Endless on the acquisition of Antler from LDC
- Golfino – A UK based distressed investor on the acquisition of German golf equipment manufacturer Golfino out of insolvency
- Bright Blue Foods – Endless on the acquisition of Bright Blue Foods
- BBG Group – Endless on the acquisition of BBG Group
- Ink Publishing – Endless on the acquisition of Ink Publishing
- Hilco – Hilco on the acquisition of Homebase from Westfarmers
- Kiddicare – Endless on the acquisition of Kiddicare from Morrisons.
- Experience Sell side
- HSBC – the secured lender to the Jamie's Italian group of companies over the course of six months in the context of the refinancing, restructuring and ultimate insolvent administration
- Xercise4Less – PwC as administrators of Xercise4Less in relation to the sale of 51 gyms to JD Gyms
- Regis/Supercuts – Deloitte LLP as administrators of Regis/Supercuts hairdresser salons in respect of the sale of the assets of 140 of the 200+ sites across the UK
- HMV – KPMG LLP as administrators of HMV in respect of the sale of the business and assets
- Evans Cycles – PwC in connection with the sale of the business and assets of Evans Cycles to Sports Direct
- Jones Bootmakers – Endless on the disposal of Jones Bootmaker to Pavers.
- Poundbakery – Administrators on the sale of the business and assets of Sayers The Bakers and Poundbakery
- Antler (Holdings) Limited – Endless on its sale of Antler (Holdings) Limited (and its subsidiaries Antler Limited and Antler USA Limited) to ATR Holdings Limited
- Marine Hydrodynamics – The administrators of Cussons Technology Limited on the sale of its Marine Hydrodynamics division
- Wyevale Garden Centre – Terra Firma on the disposal of the entire Wyevale Garden Centres chain, comprising 152 garden centres
- Andrew Page – Phoenix and Endless backed Andrew Page and subsequently PwC as administrators on the sale to Euro Car Parts
- Fortmere Group – The administrators of the Fortmere Group, the owner of a portfolio of Ramada branded hotels in the West Midlands, on the sale of business
- Kiddicare – Endless on the disposal of Kiddicare to Worldstores
- Amaris Hospitality – Amaris Hospitality on the sale of its portfolios of hotels under the Hilton, MGallery, Mercure and Crowne Plaza brands
- Hotel Collection – The Hotel Collection on the sale of the Project Solstice portfolio of UK regional hotels
- Richardson Hotels Group – The lenders to and administrators of Richardson Hotels Group, a collection of six hotels in the south-west of England, in connection with the sale of the business
Explore more: Distressed M&A Insights
Events and Webinars
M&A Opportunities in a Distressed Market
To find out what else we're seeing in the current environment and what steps you should be taking to maximise your chance of success, get in touch: