Dual qualified in England & Wales and Scotland, with 23 years' experience in all aspects of business restructuring, recovery and insolvency cases, recent highlights including:
- Advising Moorfields Advisory, as administrators of the UK shopping centre assets of Jersey registered FREP (Belle Vale) Ltd, FREP (Ellesmere Port) Ltd, and FREP (Knowle) Ltd
- Advising private equity and distressed refinance restructuring specialist Cable Capital Partners on the administration funding of chemical plant demolition and site remediation of Avara Avlon Pharma Services Ltd (in administration)
- Acting for the Administrators of Penman Engineering Ltd, one of the largest employers in Dumfries, and designer and manufacturer of specialist hi-tech security and armoured vehicles
- Experience in leading on numerous environmental related insolvencies, including The Scottish Coal Company Ltd (in liquidation), Administration of Northburn Industrial Services Limited (waste manager of 80% of Scotland's waste oil product), Liquidation of Doonin Plant Limited and Administration of Oran Environmental Solutions Limited
- Acting for major US funds on recoveries of corporate and personal debtor and personal guarantee secured and unsecured recoveries in England and Scotland
Author for LexisPSL's Scottish Restructuring & Insolvency corporate insolvency content.
Tim is qualified in England and Wales, and Scotland, having practiced in Leeds and Manchester for over 16 years, and Scotland since 2012 as a registered Foreign Expert until admission as a Scottish solicitor in August 2019.
Tim is a full member of R3 – Association of Business Recovery Professionals; R3 Council Member for Scotland, Chair of the R3 in Scotland Regional Committee, and member of the R3 Scottish Technical Committee.
- "Wrongful trading rules part 2: a grim spectre for desperate directors" - Recovery Magazine 2020
- Published by LexisNexis/LexisPSL as one of their Panel of Experts on Scottish Restructuring and Insolvency
- German - conversational
- Professional Memberships
- R3 – Association of Business Recovery Professionals
Tim Cooper has significant experience in representing insolvency practitioners and financial institutions on restructuring and transactional matters.
"He has outstanding commitment and tenacity, and he delivers quality advice." CHAMBERS 2021
"Tim Cooper provides very straight and practical advice when clients want to cut through the issues and have effective and efficient advice" LEGAL 500, 2019
"Tim Cooper is highlighted for his handling of restructuring and insolvency matters. He is very strong technically, very considered in his opinions and has determination to see a successful outcome says a source. He has specific experience handling issues in the environmental sector" Chambers UK 2017
“Tim Cooper deals with complex restructuring matters, with one commentator noting he is ‘technically astute’. Sources report he is ‘hungry to get deals done and excellent at completing them’.” Chambers, 2015
“Recognised as being part of an excellent, partner-led service” Legal 500 2012