Tim has 20 years experience in all aspects of business restructuring, recovery and insolvency cases, recent highlights including:
- Currently acting for the Administrators of Penman Engineering Ltd, one of the largest employers in Dumfries, and designer and manufacturer of specialist hi-tech security and armoured vehicles.
- Experience in leading on numerous environmental related insolvencies, including The Scottish Coal Company Ltd (in liquidation), Administration of Northburn Industrial Services Limited (waste manager of 80% of Scotland's waste oil product), Liquidation of Doonin Plant Limited and Administration of Oran Environmental Solutions Limited.
- Acting for major US funds on recoveries of personal debtor and personal guarantee secured and unsecured recoveries in England and Scotland.
- Specialist experience in recoveries, restructurings and insolvency cases for asset based lenders and invoice finance providers.
- Currently working on a project for LexisPSL to create Restructuring & Insolvency content for Scotland.
Tim is qualified in England and Wales, registered in Scotland as a Foreign Expert and practiced in Leeds and Manchester for over 16 years, and Scotland for the last 5 years.
"Tim Cooper is highlighted for his handling of restructuring and insolvency matters. He is very strong technically, very considered in his opinions and has determination to see a successful outcome says a source. He has specific experience handling issues in the environmental sector"
Chambers UK 2017
“Tim Cooper deals with complex restructuring matters, with one commentator noting he is ‘technically astute’. Sources report he is ‘hungry to get deals done and excellent at completing them’.”
“Recognised as being part of an excellent, partner-led service”
Legal 500 2012
- Tim is a full member of R3 – Association of Business Recovery Professionals
- R3 Council Member for Scotland
- Chair of the R3 in Scotland Regional Committee
- Member of the R3 Scottish Technical Committee
- Edinburgh University – LL.M, Public International Law, 1992/3
- LL.B (Hons) (Law, University of Staffordshire), 1989-92
- Diploma in Legal Practice, Leeds Metropolitan University, 1995
- Year qualified: 1997
- German (conversational)