Andrew joined our Leeds office as an Employment Associate in May 2021. He qualified in September 2018, having trained in the North East, before moving to Leeds in 2019.
Andrew has experience advising clients in a number of sectors, including transport and health, such as NHS trusts, national rail infrastructure providers and London bus companies on a variety of matters, including dealing with trade unions and regulatory guidance, such as the Managing Public Money guidelines.
In addition to health and transport work, Andrew has advised clients from all sectors, including charities, manufacturing and retail, in relation to a number of contentious and non-contentious matters, including:
- managing all elements of Employment Tribunal claims, including drafting case documents, preparing cases for hearings and performing advocacy at Preliminary and Full Hearings;
- advising on employee issues, such as grievances, disciplinary processes and complex employee exits;
- preparation and negotiation of settlement documentation for employees and employers; and
- creation of key employment documents, such as contracts, service agreements, restrictive covenants and staff handbooks
Andrew also has significant experience in being the point of contact for employment related support on corporate transactions.
- Andrew was involved in the successful defence of an Employment Tribunal claim brought by the former CEO of a large nursing care provider, including the enforcement of restrictive covenants;
- Andrew provided employment support in relation to the sale of a national discounted sale business;
- Andrew was part of the team who provided TUPE related advice to a large retail client in relation to the insourcing of cleaning activities;
- Andrew successfully undertook the advocacy at a two-day unfair dismissal hearing.