- Leading the procurement and subsequent refinancing of SSE’s SMETS2 smart meter rollout, facilitating the installation of over 2.5 million smart meters and involving the negotiation of a complex contractual framework against challenging market and regulatory conditions
- Advising Octopus Energy in relation to its strategic partnership with Co-op Energy and the acquisition of its customer book
- Acting on a number of CHP development projects in the manufacturing and health sectors, including advising Britvic on the construction and operation of a CHP plant at its flagship site in Rugby
- Acting for Scotia Gas Networks on the Gas to the West project, extending the natural gas network into the west of Northern Ireland and involving the negotiation of complex contractual and financial structures to satisfy the requirements of funders, the relevant licence holders and the Northern Ireland regulator
- Advising a gas client on a strategic JV to maximise its presence in the gas connections market
- Advising a potential investor on the development and operation of an LNG port in Scotland
- Completion of a number of secondments for SSE, including within the Retail and Networks divisions (the latter acting on the procurement of network extension, improvement and reinforcement projects totaling over £1bn). Two secondments to Scotia Gas Networks.