Rosanna Bryant is a Co-head of our Financial Services Sector and a Partner in our Financial Regulation team. She specialises in advising banks, building societies and other financial services clients on a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters.
She is a recognised industry expert in consumer credit, mortgage and payment services regulation, with extensive experience of drafting and advising on the compliance and risk issues surrounding mortgages, loans, credit cards, current accounts, savings and investment products. Rosanna advises on the Consumer Credit Act 1974; the Consumer Credit Sourcebook; the Mortgage Conduct of Business and Banking Conduct of Business Chapters of the FCA handbook, as well as associated consumer protection legislation.
Rosanna splits her practice with financial services transactions work. She advises on retail debt portfolio transactions (mortgages, loans and credit cards) as well as advising on the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 Part VII banking and insurance business transfers.
Rosanna's recent experience includes:
- The preparation of standard terms and conditions across retail financial services products
- Marketing and distribution of financial services products
- Advising lenders on documentation, advertising and their business generally
- Advising on unfair contract terms issues and compliance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Financial services transactions including a particular specialism in loan and mortgage portfolio sales and acquisitions and associated servicing agreements.