Luke is a Partner in our construction and engineering team, specialising in non-contentious construction and engineering matters. He has significant expertise in both domestic and international construction and engineering projects across a broad range of sectors including real estate development (town centre regeneration, other retail, office, leisure and hotel schemes), mining, industrials, waste and energy projects.
He advises on procurement strategies as well as the drafting and negotiation of development agreements, standard form and bespoke construction and engineering contracts, sub-contracts, supply agreements, professional appointments, guarantees, bonds and other ancillary construction documents.
Luke is joint head of the firm's Hotels sector and the firm's Mining sector.
Luke is the Client Relationship Partner for Ennismore, That Group, Mothercare plc, Yorkshire Water, OCS Group, Lafarge Holcim/Aggregate Industries, GRS Roadstone and United Colleges Group. He is also a key adviser on construction matters to clients including Britvic, Travelodge, Village Hotels, Marks & Spencer, Dandara, Tellon Capital, HB Reavis and Hermes.
- The College of Law (now the University of Law), Guildford - Legal Practice Course (1999-2000)
- University of Southampton - LLB (Hons) Law - (1996-1999)
- Year qualified - 2002
- Acting for HB Reavis on the redevelopment of Elizabeth House, Waterloo. The site is to be redeveloped into a mixed use scheme comprising 1m sq. ft. of offices, retail and residential space with a reported development value of £1.4 billion.
- Acting for Tellon Capital on a number of developments including the significant redevelopment of the Bargate Quarter in Southampton
- Acting for That Group in relation to a number of mixed-use, hotel-led development projects around the UK
- Acting for major food and drinks businesses on the upgrading of their manufacturing and bottling facilities.
- Acting for owners and contractors on the construction of numerous anaerobic digestion and solar energy plants in the UK, including the first AD gas to grid project in Scotland.
- Advising a mining company on the construction documentation for a new over AU$7 billion iron ore mine and related infrastructure in Western Australia.