Luke is a Partner in our construction and engineering team, specialising in non-contentious construction and engineering matters. He has significant expertise in both domestic and international construction and engineering projects. He has worked across a broad range of sectors including on real estate development (such as retail and town centre regeneration, office, leisure, residential, hotel and mixed use schemes), education, mining, manufacturing/industrials, waste and energy projects.
He advises on procurement strategies as well as the drafting and negotiation of development agreements, standard form and bespoke construction and engineering contracts, sub-contracts, supply agreements, professional appointments, guarantees, bonds and other ancillary construction documents.
Luke is joint head of the firm's Hotels and Leisure sector and the firm's Mining sector.
Luke is the Client Relationship Partner for Norlake Hospitality (owner of a number of Hoxton Hotels and Gleneagles), That Group, Mothercare, Yorkshire Water, OCS Group, Lafarge Holcim/Aggregate Industries, GRS Roadstone, Sonder, Generator and United Colleges Group. He is also a key adviser on construction matters to clients including Britvic, Associated British Foods, Travelodge, Village Hotels, Marks & Spencer, Dandara, HB Reavis, Middlecap, Federated Hermes and Royal Mail.
Example of recent experience include:
- Acting for Norlake Hospitality (owner of a number of Hoxton hotels and Gleneagles) on the acquisition of a trading hotel and the development, refurbishment and financing of a number of its hotels across London and Europe.
- Acting for Middlecap on the proposal to redevelop Seal House, Upper Thames Street, London. The site benefits from planning permission, for a scheme designed by Eric Parry Architects, which will see the delivery of 200,000 sq. ft. of offices, retail and restaurant space.
- Acting for That Group in relation to a number of mixed-use, hotel-led development projects around the UK
- Advising Dandara Group on the creation of the UK's largest single 'build to rent' development portfolio in the Private Rental Sector (PRS) to date. The deal will see the development of over 2,000 high quality rented apartments across three different sites in the UK with an estimated gross development value (GDV) in excess of £400m
- Acting for major food and drinks businesses on extensive upgrades to their manufacturing and bottling facilities
- Acting for owners and contractors on the construction of numerous anaerobic digestion and solar energy plants in the UK, including the first AD gas to grid project in Scotland
- Advising a mining company on the construction documentation for a new over AU$7 billion iron ore mine and related infrastructure in Western Australia.
- Professional Memberships
- Society of Construction Law