Kevin has over 12 years' experience advising financial services clients, trade buyers and private equity houses (both UK and International) on large, multi-jurisdictional transactions across a range of sectors. Kevin has worked in-house on secondment at a major financial institution as well as on secondment as acting head of legal (renewables) for a supermajor energy company. Kevin has been recognised as a "Rising Star" in Legal 500 for several years running.
Kevin's experience includes:
- Advising Barclays Bank UK plc, HSBC UK Bank plc, Lloyds Banking Group plc, Nationwide Building Society, NatWest Group, Northern Bank Limited (trading as Danske Bank), Santander UK plc, TSB Bank plc and Virgin Money, alongside Bank of Ireland (UK) plc on the creation of Cash Access UK Limited, a joint venture created by the UK's largest high street banking providers designed to protect access to cash across the UK;
- Advising Moore Kingston Smith LLP on its external investment from European private equity firm, Waterland.
Kevin's experience at his previous firm includes:
- Advising BAA on the £807m sale of Edinburgh Airport to Global Infrastructure Partners;
- Advising the shareholders of Production Services Network Limited on its £1bn disposal to Wood Group PLC;
- Advising E.ON on its disposal of part of its equity stake in Rampion Offshore Wind Limited to Enbridge Inc;
- Advising a US private equity house on its acquisition of a UK law firm, one of the first ABS applications;
- Advising a US private equity firm on its acquisition of a UK learner driver insurance business.
- B.Sc. (Hons) – Anatomical Sciences – University of Dundee – 2002
- Ph.D. – Cell and Developmental Biology – University of Dundee – 2005
- LL.B – Law (Scottish) – University of Dundee – 2007
- Dip.L.P. – Diploma in Legal Practice – University of Dundee 2008