Gareth joined the Manchester Commercial team in March 2016. Gareth qualified in 2011 and advises clients on a wide variety of commercial law matters.
Gareth has experience in providing support in relation to large scale regulatory reform programs within financial services, including conducting detailed reviews of complex supplier contracts, advising on the transfer of such contracts (by way of Part VII FSMA, assignment, novation or otherwise) and any relevant issues. Gareth has also been involved in a large scale project to draft and refine service descriptions across a wide range of service functions.
In addition, Gareth has experience in advising public bodies and FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies on a wide variety of commercial contracts, including:
- agreements for the provision of software to commercial energy suppliers, which included review and consideration of service controller terms and conditions relating to data transfer services, back-to-back agreement and accession agreement;
- structuring of global procurement and supply arrangements for clients within the food and drink and cosmetics and pharmaceuticals industries;
- contracts for the identification of suitable locations for, and installation of, electric vehicle charge points on public and private premises;
- agreements for licensing use of various types of intellectual property rights, software and databases, marketing contracts, including sponsorship agreements, brand ambassador agreements and event contracts;
- reviewing complex standard terms of large, global IT providers in respect of the supply of various platform solutions and advising a range of clients on risks, mitigations and amendments in respect of proposed arrangements and such terms;
- negotiating agreements for source code and software escrow arrangements on multi-party basis;
- major IT outsourcing projects, including consideration and drafting of liability and IP provisions in master and framework agreement structures. Drafting of and assisting with detailed service descriptions and other legal and commercial schedules;
- advising and reporting on sale, acquisition, investment in to and admission of, businesses of varying size and complexity, including IP assignments, advising on transitional arrangements and novation of contracts;
- supply agreements relating to a range of goods and services, including drafting standard terms and conditions of sale and purchase;
- distribution and franchise agreements.