David is a Partner in our Commercial team, focusing on technology and outsourcing projects. He has significant in-house experience from his secondments in the retail and financial services sectors.
David is a committee member of the Society for Computers and Law (SCL) and recognised as an SCL accredited IT lawyer.
In addition to the above, David is ranked in Chambers & Partners for IT & Outsourcing and has been recognised as a "Next Generation Partner" and “Rising Star” in Legal500 for IT and Telecoms, with incredibly positive feedback from his clients.
David is also the co-author of the 10th edition of Morgan, Burden & Berry on IT Contracts, one of the recognised legal textbooks on IT law.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising on a pharmaceutical company’s procurement of a robotic arm for its lab facility.
- Advising a large IT supplier in its negotiations regarding the provision of a core banking platform and outsourcing services to its customers.
- Supporting a FTSE100 client on the commercialisation of its data assets.
- Leading on a rail provider’s multi-vendor procurement of IT services, software and hardware for the roll-out of a new electronic/smart ticketing system across its rail network.
- Advising on a pharmaceutical company’s software under-licensing dispute and managing settlement arrangements and migration to new agreements.