David is a Partner in our Commercial team, focusing on technology and outsourcing projects. He has significant in-house experience from his secondments in the retail and financial services sectors.
David is a committee member of the Society for Computers and Law (SCL) and recognised as an SCL accredited IT lawyer.
In addition to the above, David has been recognised as a "Next General Partner" and “Rising Star” in the 2022, 2021 and 2020 edition of the Legal500 for IT and Telecoms, with incredibly positive feedback from his clients.
David is also the co-author of the 10th edition of Morgan, Burden & Berry on IT Contracts, one of the recognised legal textbooks on IT law.
David's experience includes:
- Advising on a pharmaceutical company’s procurement of a robotic arm for its lab facility.
- Advising a large IT supplier in its negotiations regarding the provision of a core banking platform and outsourcing services to its customers.
- Supporting a FTSE100 client on the commercialisation of its data assets.
- Leading on a rail provider’s multi-vendor procurement of IT services, software and hardware for the roll-out of a new electronic/smart ticketing system across its rail network.
- Advising on a pharmaceutical company’s software under-licensing dispute and managing settlement arrangements and migration to new agreements.
- Supporting a national retailer’s implementation of a new customer relationship management system.