Julia joined the firm's Finance team in September 2018. She is based in the Edinburgh office and works nationally across the firm's network of offices.
Julia has experience working for both lenders and borrowers across a broad range of areas including funds finance, healthcare finance, real estate finance and speciality finance.
Julia's recent experience includes:
- Acting for KanAm Grund Group (acting on behalf of a German pension fund) in relation to two term loan facilities with German banks to support the purchase of a large portion of the iconic mixed use building which forms the south side of St Andrew Square, Edinburgh and of a further office building on the north side of St Andrew Square.
- Acting for a UK bank in relation to the funding of a group of English care home owner/operators to allow them to repay substantial shareholder loans.
- Acting for a UK-based care home group in relation to the financing with a UK bank of the acquisition of a new care home.
- Acting for a global private equity secondaries fund manager in relation to a fund finance facility with a US investment bank, to fund its investment into a number of US funds.
- Acting for speciality finance business Affiniture Cards Limited (the exclusive issuer of Diners Club payment products in the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium and the Netherlands) in relation to a revolving borrowing base credit facility with Shawbrook Bank Limited, to support the continued growth of their charge cards, travel, purchasing and statement account solutions business.
- French - fluent
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland