Nick acts on complex and high value commercial disputes for a variety of clients. He has a particular focus on the industrial sector and disputes in Sub-Saharan Africa. Nick is a key member of our Africa Business Group.
As well as acting for clients in the English High Court, Nick has acted on a number of major international arbitrations (including ICC, LCIA and AAA rules). He also often co-counsels with local counsel in other common law jurisdictions.
Nick advises on a wide range of high profile disputes including international arbitrations, warranty claims, contractual disputes, contract termination, and complex fraud claims. He also regularly acts for clients looking for funding.
"praised as a 'very good, solid, thoughtful and hard-working' lawyer by sources. He regularly acts on contractual, fraud and warranty disputes, especially for energy and industrial clients."
Chambers and Partners (2018)
- Recent experience
Nick's recent experience includes:
- acting for a Sub-Saharan client in a multi-million dollar international arbitration (LCIA-DIFC Rules)
- acting for Xrail Group Limited in successfully defending a complex conspiracy claim ( EWHC 73(QB))
- acting in an international arbitration concerning a multi-billion pound offshore windfarm (LCIA Rules, London Seat)
- acting for the seller of a composting facility in a c£11 million claim for breach of warranty and fraudulent misrepresentation
- acting for a cosmetics distributer in an international arbitration concerning distribution rights in the UK (AAA Rules, Los Angeles Seat)
- advising a supplier to the automotive industry on potential claims arising from a faulty component
- acting for a UK FTSE 100 corporation on a series of high value arbitrations in Kenya and Tanzania concerning joint ventures in both countries (ICC Rules, London Seat)
- acting for Volkswagen and Thales in successfully obtaining an injunction to prevent the publication of a paper produced by academics at the University of Birmingham and Stichting Katholieke Universiteit in the Netherlands ( EWHC 1832 (Ch))
- acting for AAH Pharmaceuticals Limited in obtaining an interim mandatory injunction against Mercury Pharmaceuticals Limited and Amdipharm UK Limited ( EWHC 541 (Comm))
- acting for an international electronic component manufacturer defending a breach of warranty claim
- acting for a pharmaceutical company in two complex multi-million pound fraud claims against various parties including a former employee of the client company and companies registered in Panama  EWHC 1625 (QB)
- acting for an international food, ingredients and retail group in an arbitration arising out of a licence agreement (LICA Rules, London Seat)