Nasser is a founder of Nasser Al Habsi & Saif Al Mamari Law Firm which operates in association with Addleshaw Goddard (Middle East) LLP in Oman. He is an advocate licensed with the Ministry of Justice.
He is able to advise clients in both Arabic and English. He was one of the first students to graduate in commercial law from Sultan Qaboos University and he has also achieved an LLM from Reading University specialising in International Commercial Law.
Nasser is registered lawyer and Arbitrator in Oman & Bahrain Arbitration Centre. He has been involved in a number of arbitrations held in, Oman and the Middle East under the rules of the ICC and SIAC, as well as ad hoc arbitrations.
Nasser has worked with multi-national companies, listed companies and banks as well as privately owned family businesses. His expertise lies in representing clients on commercial and labour dispute cases and criminal trials, including the examination of witnesses. Nasser has also handled administrative and civil cases before the Oman courts. He has broad experience in dealing with different authorities in Oman including the Royal Oman Police, the Public Prosecution Authority and the Omani Courts.
- Acting for the developer of a mixed use commercial development (with hotel) in Salalah against claims brought by the main contractor for extensions of time and associated costs including successfully counter claiming damages occasioned by the contractor amounting to in excess of OMR 17 million before a court appointed sole arbitrator.
- Advising a Korean company in relation to an SIAC arbitration concerning shareholders issues in Omani company.
- Representing a major company in Oman in shareholders dispute over a construction company worth more than OMR 250 million.
- Representing a senior company executive member before the Public Prosecutor and Oman courts (criminal circuit) for the release of his bank account which was ceased, and the removal of a travel ban.
- Defending a construction company on charges of alleged breaches of environmental laws and the company's environmental permit.
- Representing a general manager of an SAOG company before the Special Crimes Unit of the Royal Oman Police and public prosecutor in relation to alleged fraud and neglect of duty offences under the Penal Code.
- Successfully obtaining cancellation of the decision of the Tender Board before the Primary Court in the matter of non-issuance of the tender licence.
- Professional Memberships
- Member in Omani Lawyer Association
- Member in Oman & British Lawyers Association
- Member in IBA
- Member in GCC Arbitration Centre