Our bi-annual HR Update Seminar is an unmissable event for in-house employment lawyers and HR professionals, offering the opportunity to take stock of recent and future employment law developments and providing expert insight and practical guidance on the issues that you have to grapple with on a day-to-day basis.
There is no charge for this event
Wednesday 8 May 2019
- 08.15am - 08.50am - Registration and breakfast
- 08.50am - 09.00am - Welcome and introduction
- 09.00am - 10.00am - Key themes and trends:
This session will provide insight and analysis of key themes and trends emerging in employment law from the last 12 months and a review of what is on the horizon in the next 12 months.
- 10.00am - 10.45am - Managing your workforce in 2020 - what employers need to know:
This session will consider the impact that Brexit, the Government's "Good Work Plan" and recent Tribunal decisions will have on the management of your workforce in 2020.
- 10.45am - 11.00am - Break
- 11.00am - 12.00pm - GDPR one year on: what are the learning points for employers:
A year on from the dawn of the GDPR, this session will take stock of the key issues for the employment relationship and learning points for employers following what was the most significant change in data regulation for decades.
- 12.00pm - 12.30pm - Engaging contractors: IR35 reforms in the private sector:
April 2020 will see a significant shift in business's liability for off-payroll working. This session will consider the proposed reforms to the IR35 (off-payroll working) regime and what they mean for employers.
- 12.30pm - Closing words followed by networking
- Addleshaw Goddard LLP, 3 Sovereign Square, Sovereign Street, Leeds, LS1 4ER - hyperlink to map
Click here to RSVP
Please email Jane Sutton for any dietary requrements