Our Distressed M&A team have experience of a wide variety of distressed and insolvency-led M&A transactions.
Our distressed M&A team are experts in insolvency-led sales processes and accelerated M&A transactions regularly acting for sellers, creditors, administrators and buyers including turnaround and PE investors, their portfolio companies and corporates across the entire range of transactions – working quickly and efficiently to preserve value and help manage risk. All designed to help you close the deal, not the door.
We are able to combine the firm's deep experience of M&A, private equity, financing, real estate and restructuring and can draw on the resources of our full service practice to deliver practical, risk-focussed advice often in very short timeframes.
Our specialist team of commercially focused lawyers are flexible, cost-effective and pragmatic. We provide innovative solutions to the problems our clients face including advising upon:
- Accelerated M&A and "dual track" transactions
- Creditor instigated M&A transactions
- Acquisitions from administrators and liquidators
- Disposal of non-core business units and carve outs
- Loan-to-own transactions and debt transfers
- Recapitalisations and refinancings
Where time is of the essence and traditional forms of risk sharing are unavailable, we work hard to find innovative solutions to help clients identify and manage risks. In distressed M&A transactions the scope for thorough due diligence can be limited and we can help you to be targeted and efficient to get the most information possible in the time available.
And in circumstances where contractual recourse is less extensive we will work to help buyers and sellers mitigate their risks through maximising traditional recovery options, developing pricing structures that track the risk appetite of the counterparties or alternative recovery models, such as W&I insurance (including synthetic products).
- Experience Buy side
- JD Sports – JD Sports on its acquisition of Go Outdoors out of administration
- American Golf Discount Centre Limited – Endless LLP on its purchase of the business and assets of American Golf Discount Centre Limited
- Boohoo Group – Boohoo Group PLC on its pre-pack acquisition of the online business of Karen Millen and Coast
- Bestway – Bestway on the acquisition of Bargain Booze and Wine Rack from the administrators of Conviviality
- Charpentes Francaises – Endless on the acquisition of Charpentes Francaises, a French market leader in producing timber roof trusses, timber frames and other timber-related products for commercial and residential properties
- Puma Hotels Group – A large US investor in relation to the acquisition, restructuring and sale of the Puma Hotels Group
- Antler (Holdings) Limited – Endless on the acquisition of Antler from LDC
- Golfino – A UK based distressed investor on the acquisition of German golf equipment manufacturer Golfino out of insolvency
- Bright Blue Foods – Endless on the acquisition of Bright Blue Foods
- Hilco – Hilco on the acquisition of Homebase from Westfarmers
- Experience Sell side
- DW Sports – advising BDO as administrators in relation to the sale of the business to Frasers Group
- Xercise4Less – PwC as administrators of Xercise4Less in relation to the sale of 51 gyms to JD Gyms
- Regis/Supercuts – Deloitte LLP as administrators of Regis/Supercuts hairdresser salons in respect of the sale of the assets of 140 of the 200+ sites across the UK
- HMV – KPMG LLP as administrators of HMV in respect of the sale of the business and assets
- Evans Cycles – PwC in connection with the sale of the business and assets of Evans Cycles to Sports Direct
- Jones Bootmakers – Administrators on the disposal of Jones Bootmaker to Pavers
- Wyevale Garden Centre – Terra Firma on the disposal of the entire Wyevale Garden Centres chain, comprising 152 garden centres
- Andrew Page – Phoenix and Endless backed Andrew Page and subsequently PwC as administrators on the sale to Euro Car Parts
- Kiddicare – Endless on the disposal of Kiddicare to Worldstores
- Amaris Hospitality – Amaris Hospitality on the sale of its portfolios of hotels under the Hilton, MGallery, Mercure and Crowne Plaza brands
Key contactMeet the team
Partner, Corporate London, UKView profile
Partner, Private Equity
Partner, Restructuring Manchester, UKView profile