Graham is a corporate Partner with extensive experience of private equity, M&A and corporate restructuring transactions, both in the UK and internationally. He has a particular focus on the financial services sector.
He regularly advises investors and management teams in connection with all stages of the PE investment cycle.
Within the financial services sector, Graham has overseen a variety of large and complex transactions, but with a particular focus on private equity investment in FCA/PRA regulated businesses, M&A transactions for banks, and transactions in the wealth management and insurance sectors.
In addition, Graham advises banks, sponsors and borrowers in relation to a variety of restructuring and special situations transactions including distressed M&A, the equity aspects of debt restructurings, debt-for-equity swaps and debt portfolio transactions.
Graham is recommended in the Legal 500 for Mid-market Private Equity and M&A where he has been described as being "insightful, creative and hardworking" and is noted for transactions involving financial services companies.
- Recent work highlights
- Rathbones Group on its combination with Investec Wealth & Investments
- Blixt Group on its acquisition of Duncan & Toplis
- Terra Firma on its acquisitions of Kier Living (Tilia Homes) and Hopkins Homes
- Rathbones Group on the acquisition of Saunderson House
- McMillan Shakespeare on the disposal of its Anglo Scottish and Maxxia businesses
- The Openwork Partnership on its acquisition of Tenet's wealth AR business
- Insurevo Group on is acquisition of Just Cover
- Cirrus Inns on its acquisition by Liberation Pub Group
- Terra Firma on the acquisition of Richborough Estates
- Mortgage Brain on its acquisition of Mortgage Engine from Santander
- "UK Investing: The Private Equity Review, Edition 6"