Graham is a corporate Partner with extensive experience of private equity, mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and restructuring transactions, both in the UK and internationally. He has a particular focus on the UK financial services sector as well as transactions involving pubs and hotels.
He regularly advises both investors and management teams in connection with all stages of the investment cycle together with portfolio management issues.
Within the financial services sector, Graham has managed a variety of large and complex transactions, but with a particular focus on private equity investment in financial services sector businesses, loan sales (including advising UK banks and buyers on the transfer of substantial commercial and retail loan portfolios), M&A transactions for banks, and transactions in the wealth management sector. He has undertaken secondments to Lloyds Banking Group and RBS.
Graham has also undertaken a variety of transactions involving UK hotel assets involving both outsourced management and owner-operated structures through both share and/or asset transfers and regularly advises a growing pub chain on its estate.
In addition, Graham advises banks, sponsors and borrowers in relation to the equity aspects of debt restructuring and debt-for-equity transactions, as well as having a broad experience of corporate transactions generally, including joint ventures, general company and shareholder matters, and transactions involving UK and international private and public companies, banks, investors, management teams and intermediaries.
- Recent work highlights
- Rathbone Brothers on it's acquisition of Speirs & Jeffrey.
- Synova Capital on its investment in All Clear Insurance.
- LDC on its involvement investment in Right Choice Insurance.
- Lone Star/ Amaris Hospitality on the sale of two portfolios of Mercure branded hotels.
- Rathbone Brothers on its appraoch for Smith & Williamson.
- ECI on its investment in independent SAP specialist, Edenhouse
- Synova Capital on its investment in specialist insurance brokerage, Stackhouse Poland
- Synova Capital on its investment in financial product ratings business, Defaqto
- Cirrus Inns on the acquisition of a number of pubs
- The Hotel Collection on the disposal of a number of UK hotel businesses
- Marlow Hotels on the sale of the Crowne Plaza, Marlow
- Foresight on its investment in Accessory Bits Ltd
- Rathbone Brothers on the acquisition of Jupiter's UK fund management business and the the acquisition of the Taylor Young fund management business.
- Rathbone brothers on its investment in, and subsequent acquisition of, the Vision IFA business disposal of its pension administration business
- A leading UK bank on the sale of two large UK commercial real estate loan portfolios
- A UK clearing bank on the intragroup transfer of its entire mortgage book
- A UK clearing bank on the intragroup transfer of a £1 billion portfolio of commercial loans
- Several UK banks on a variety of debt restructuring, debt-for-equity equity disposal transactions and own-account M&A.