Our first-class team provides innovative, timely and robust funding solutions for a wide variety of transactions.
Addleshaw Goddard has a strong reputation for providing project finance advice across a variety of sectors including:
- Waste to energy facilities
- Renewable energy generation
- Refinancings and restructurings of existing senior debt in public-private partnership (PPP) projects
- Acquisition facilities for secondary market assets
- Social housing finance
- Public-private partnerships including health, roads, education and MOD
We have advised banks and the private and public sectors on some of the most challenging projects in the market in recent years, including several pathfinder projects in the renewables sector.
Our team acts for a variety of participants in project finance, including the largest banks in the United Kingdom and more specialist funders of PPP and other projects. In recent times, we have been appointed to act on a number of innovative refinancings.
- AIB Group (UK) plc
- Bank of Ireland
- John Laing
- Major clearing banks
- Semperian PPP Investment Partners
- Trina Solar
- Extensive experience
Our case highlights include:
- The Greater Manchester Waste private finance initiative, acting for Bank of Ireland as agent for the senior lenders
- Advising a leading PPP fund on optional facilities made available to it to fund secondary market acquisitions
- Advising on the restructuring of senior debt for major projects in default in the roads, health and social infrastructure sectors
- Advising John Laing on the financing of wind farm projects in the North of England
- Advising Trina Solar on construction facilities for one of the largest solar projects in England
- Advising SMBC on the refinancing of short-term facilities to a portfolio of LIFT projects