Oliver is a project finance expert who specialises in advising funders, sponsors and procuring authorities on the financing and structuring of major infrastructure projects. He has worked across a broad range of sectors including transport, renewable energy, social infrastructure, mining, waste to energy, process plant and natural resources, and has particular expertise in complex financing packages and concession arrangements.
In addition to conventional bank lending, Oliver has extensive experience advising on projects with capital markets funding solutions (public and private), mezzanine and Development Finance Institution funding, as well as refinancings, restructurings and secondary market work.
Notable experience includes advising:
- Sponsors on the project financing of multiple onshore wind farms
- Allianz, European Investment Bank and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi as senior lenders in relation to the £745 million bond and bank financed Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route road project in Scotland
- A mix of lenders and sponsors on waste processing public-private partnership (PPP) projects in Wakefield, Derby, Gloucester, Essex, Cumbria and Norfolk
- On natural resources projects (gold, copper, iron ore, nickel, titanium and oil) in Ghana, Nigeria, Botswana, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Turkey, Sweden and Finland
- On PPP projects in education, social housing, prisons, healthcare, defence and transport
- Qualified - 1998
- Cambridge University – Modern and Medieval Languages, MA