Oliver is a project finance expert who specialises in advising funders and sponsors on the financing and structuring of energy and infrastructure projects.
Oliver began his career in the energy team at Norton Rose Fulbright LLP working on the financing of major international power and petrochemical projects. He then concentrated on infrastructure advising across a broad range of economic and social infrastructure projects in a broad range of sectors including transport, defence, education, healthcare and waste to energy as well as a number of natural resources projects across Africa.
Since joining Addleshaw Goddard in 2015, Oliver's practice has focussed mainly on advising clients on renewable energy projects. The sectors he advises on include wind (both onshore and offshore), solar, anaerobic digestion, battery storage, electric vehicles and smart meters.
In addition to conventional bank lending, Oliver has extensive experience advising on projects with capital markets funding solutions (public and private), mezzanine and Development Finance Institution funding, as well as refinancings, restructurings and secondary market work.
Oliver's experience includes:
- Burbo Bank Extension OFTO, Race Bank OFTO, Galloper OFTO, Walney Extension OFTO – Oliver lead a large team advising the lending syndicates to these four offshore transmission projects with combined senior debt in excess of £1.3 billion
- Advising Low Carbon Contracts Company on contractual arrangements across its portfolio of CfD subsidised project financings
- Advising Gravis Capital on the financing of several portfolios of AD projects
- Allianz, European Investment Bank and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi as senior lenders in relation to the £745 million bond and bank financed Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route road project in Scotland
- Advising a mix of lenders, sponsors and offtakers on natural resources projects (gold, copper, iron ore, nickel, titanium and oil) in Ghana, Nigeria, Botswana, Kenya, Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leone, Turkey, Sweden, Finland and South Korea
- French - good command
- German - basic command
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales