Our dedicated specialty finance team combines both transactional and regulatory advice to provide class-leading comprehensive advice to institutional lender and corporate clients.
Clients and expertise
We provide a partner-led service across a range specialty finance structures and asset classes.
Ranked by Chamber & Partners as a market leader in advice on consumer finance, we draw on this expertise and on bringing together experts with a broad range of skill sets and experience to focus on this sector.
We work with banks, financial institutions, alternative lenders, investors and corporates. Our experience covers advising in relation to a diverse group of consumer and SME finance businesses operating in the sector including:
- bridge finance providers
- mortgage providers
- short term consumer lenders (both secured and unsecured)
- car finance providers
- equipment and vehicle lessors
- peer to peer platforms
- e-wallet providers
- card issuers
It is a highly regulated, dynamic and innovative sector with unique challenges. We have the expertise and experience to help you navigate and meet those challenges.
They have a very strong financial services team. They are commercial and definitely work closely with you to deliver what you need.
Chambers UK 2018
Our recent experience includes acting for:
- UK clearer in respect of a £15m senior revolving collateral base facility provided to a Fin Tec business
- Investors of Advancis Limited trading as Buddy Loans in relation to obtaining FCA approval and subsequent senior debt arrangements
- Clydesdale Bank PLC with the development and implementation of its specialty finance product offering and underlying documentation
- Leumi ABL Limited in relation to the £100m+ collateral base facilities made available to the Richmond Group/Amigo Loans group of companies
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in respect of a £25m borrowing base facility provided to an asset leasing company
- Automotive finance business on its underlying product documentation as part of securing further investment
- PNC Business Credit in relation to a £20m revolving borrowing base facility made available for the financing of bridging and other short term property development finance products made available by a prominent North West business
- Funder in connection with the provision of a £15m limited recourse facility for financing underlying customer lease agreements
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc as bookrunner and mandated lead arranger alongside a syndicate of lenders in relation to the £245m refinancing of the borrowing base facilities provided to the Jerrold Holdings/Together Money group of companies