Our dedicated speciality finance team combines both transactional and regulatory advice to provide class-leading comprehensive advice to institutional lender and corporate clients.
We provide a partner-led service across a range specialty finance structures and asset classes.
Ranked by Chamber & Partners as a market leader in advice on consumer finance, we draw on this expertise and on bringing together experts with a broad range of skill sets and experience to focus on this sector.
They have a very strong financial services team. They are commercial and definitely work closely with you to deliver what you need.
Chambers UK 2018
We work with banks, financial institutions, alternative lenders, investors and corporates. Our experience covers advising in relation to a diverse group of consumer and SME finance businesses operating in the sector including:
- bridge finance providers
- mortgage providers
- short term consumer lenders (both secured and unsecured)
- car finance providers
- equipment and vehicle lessors
- peer to peer platforms
- e-wallet providers
- card issuers
It is a highly regulated, dynamic and innovative sector with unique challenges. We have the expertise and experience to help you navigate and meet those challenges.
Our recent experience includes acting for:
- A leading UK bridging lender on a number of loan market and private securitisation financings arranged with various US and investment banks
- Bank lender on €95 million revolving credit facilities to a leading Irish specialist business lender
- UK clearer in respect of a £15m senior revolving collateral base facility provided to a Fintech business
- Investors of Advancis Limited trading as Buddy Loans in relation to obtaining FCA approval and subsequent senior debt arrangements
- A number of banks in developing and implementing their speciality finance product offering and underlying documentation
- A lender in relation to the £100m+ collateral base facilities made available to the Richmond Group/Amigo Loans group of companies
- A UK bank in respect of a £25m borrowing base facility provided to an asset leasing company
- Automotive finance business on its underlying product documentation as part of securing further investment
- Funder in connection with the provision of a £15m limited recourse facility for financing underlying customer lease agreements
- Bookrunner and MLA of £245m syndicated refinancing of the borrowing base facilities provided to the Together Money group