Olivia is an Associate within the Scottish Finance Team, based in our Edinburgh office and works with the finance teams across the UK. Olivia qualified into the Finance team in 2021 after spending a year of her traineeship in the team. Olivia's training contract also included a seat in our Real Estate division.
Olivia was seconded to the Global Private Markets team of abrdn, working with investment managers across the property and private equity asset classes to provide specific legal advice, as well as general commercial support.
Olivia has experience acting a variety of lenders and borrowers across a range of areas including general corporate lending and borrowing, funds finance, speciality finance and healthcare finance.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting for UK-based care home group in relation to financing of the acquisition and development of new care homes across the UK.
- Acting for UK bank in relation to the funding of a group of English care home owner/operators.
- Acting for the borrower in relation to the £121m refinancing of a UK based hotel portfolio.
- Acting for a UK based investment bank as lender for a €200 million capital call loan facility to a European private equity fund for its acquisition of various investments.
- Acting for UK bank for the provision of a revolving borrowing base credit facility to a speciality finance business to support their continued growth.
- Acting for various banks in relation to the provisions of Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme facilities to a variety of borrowers.
- Professional Membership
- Law Society of Scotland