Tom is a Managing Associate specialising in international arbitration and commercial litigation. Tom also has experience of working on large and complex investigations.
Tom provides advice to a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors including energy & utilities, advanced manufacturing, financial services, retail & consumer, and transport.
Tom's recent experience includes:
- Representing a state owned oil company in arbitration proceedings relating to the development of an oil field with claims in excess of US$1.25 billion (ICC Rules, Paris seat).
- Acting for an oil major in its defence of multi-million dollar claims arising from its logistics operations in North Africa (ICC Rules, London seat).
- Acting for a Qatari company in its defence of multi-million dollar claims brought by an Indian sub-contractor in relation to an infrastructure project in Qatar (ICC Rules, London seat).
- Representing a water retailer as claimant in an arbitration against a wholesaler in relation to the operation of England's non-household water retail market (LCIA Rules, London seat).
- Representing a client in disputes arising from an LMAA Arbitration (ARI v WXJ  EWHC 1543 (Comm)) (English Commercial Court, London).
- Representing a client in a challenge to an arbitral award under s.67 of the Arbitration Act 1996 (English Commercial Court, London).
- Representing an oil major in its defence of a £26m+ claim arising from the operation of a UK oil terminal (English Commercial Court, London).
- Acting for Dixons Carphone plc in its dispute with McAfee, which involved an interim injunction and a claim for damages in excess of £30m (English Commercial Court, London).
- Conducting an investigation into a FTSE 100 company in connection with an HMRC investigation.
- University of Glasgow – MEng (2010), LLB (2012)
- Professional memberships
- Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG) – LCIA
- Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF) – ICC
- Young ICCA
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)