Ara is a senior Managing Associate in the Real Estate Finance team in London. He has extensive experience acting for senior and mezzanine lenders, investors, developers and high-net worth individuals on a number of complex domestic and cross-border deals (both real estate investment and development finance transactions) across a range of real estate asset classes including hotels, student accommodation, PRS, senior living, offices and retail.
Ara's experience includes secondments to Canary Wharf Group and LaSalle Investment Management.
Highlights include advising:
- Précis Capital Partners and Carlyle on an £80m facility made available to a fund managed by Tristan Capital Partners to be used to finance the development of “The Oren” (a premium later living development in Hampstead, London to be operated by Elysian Residences)
- the investment arm of a global insurance company in relation to the refinancing of four student accommodation development projects in Sheffield, Leeds, Southampton and Cardiff and a private rented sector project in Leeds
- Maybourne Hotel Group on the refinancing of Claridge’s, The Berkeley and The Connaught hotels
- the family office of a prominent Middle Eastern investor on the refinancing of the InterContinental London Park Lane hotel
- the borrower on the refinancing of the St Martins Lane, Sanderson and Churchill Hyatt hotels
- a private Middle Eastern investor on its purchase of 1 New Fetter Lane, London