Alex is an associate in the Litigation Division focusing primarily on financial disputes and regulatory investigations alongside more general commercial cases.
Alex has substantial experience of complex, multi-party litigation, particularly in relation to financial derivatives.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting for Kommunale Wasserwerke Leipzig in its successful defence of claims bought by UBS in relation to Single Tranche Collateralised Debt Obligations sold to the municipality in 2006-2007. The case involved allegations of dishonesty, bribery and fraud.
- Acting for a major UK bank in connection with a dispute concerning a complex structured derivative trade.
- Defending clients against claims of alleged mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- Acting for a European trading company in a dispute with a competitor, collaborating with foreign lawyers to obtain urgent injunctive relief.
- Secondments to the Legal departments of two bank clients.
- Qualified – September 2013
- LPC, BBP Holborn
- GDL, College of Law Moorgate
- University of Birmingham, BA (Hons) History