Mark is a commercial disputes lawyer specialising in construction and engineering disputes work. He acts for utilities companies, transport enterprises, developers, specialist contractors, consultants and construction professionals with in depth experience of all forms of dispute resolution processes and ADR.
He has a wealth of experience of standard forms of contract including the NEC, JCT suite, IChemE, ICE and FIDIC.
His track record of success for clients includes:
- acting for National Grid Electricity Transmission plc in a dispute with an international blue chip energy systems contractor on a dispute concerning the Ninfield 400kV substation in Sussex and connected with the Nemo Link interconnector with Europe.
- advising and representing Scotia Commercial Services Limited (a subsidiary of SGN, a UK gas distribution company) in a dispute with a gas pipeline and instrumentation installation contractor concerning the HP natural gas pipeline and associated infrastructure on the Gas to the West project in Northern Ireland.
- advising Network Rail Infrastructure Limited (a subsidiary of Network Rail) about defective solar panels installed above the Main Train Shed Roof structure and coverings as part of the Kings Cross station re-development programme in London.
- acting for a specialist pipeline and instrumentation installation contractor in a dispute with the largest UK producer of bio-ethanol at a high profile new bio-fuels plant at Salt End in East Yorkshire.
- acting for an international offshore engineering consultancy providing engineering and vessel design with fabrication services in a dispute with a Dutch sub-contractor fabricator on a J-Lay tower project for installation on an umbilical pipeline laying vessel to service the oil and gas sectors internationally.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of the Society of Construction Law
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)