Luc is an Associate in the Professional Practices Group, having previously been in the Private Equity team at Taylor Wessing LLP where he worked on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate matters, including the formation and governance of various LLPs. More recently Luc worked in M&A insurance as an associate in the W&I team at Howden M&A Limited, working in sectors ranging from financial services to corporate real estate.
Since joining the Group, Luc has acted on multiple transactional matters and advised a range of clients – from accountancy firms and UK and international law firms to patent attorneys, investment firms and multidisciplinary consultancy firms – on matters including constitutional and governance reviews, partner admissions and terminations and SRA and ICAEW regulatory queries and approvals. Highlights of Luc's experience in the Group include advising:
- top 10 UK accountancy firm, Moore Kingston Smith LLP, on its external investment from European private equity firm, Waterland, with specific advice providing on ICAEW and SRA regulation;
- a range of international law firms on UK-focussed matters including SRA regulation, LLP status and drafting of constitutional documentation;
- various law firms and global investment firms on partner and employee terminations;
- an international network of audit and advisory firms on membership admission and drafting of constitutional and governance documentation; and
- an international law firm on general corporate matters, including capital reductions and share issues.
Previously, Luc has also spent time on secondment with a global pharmaceutical company, advising on corporate, commercial, competition, disputes and regulatory issues across Europe and Australia and is a current member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners.